Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Block In(s)



Step #3 Local Color Block In

Today, I blocked in the halftones of the shapes and attacked my center of interest. I try my best to see this as a collection of shapes and not people in a waiting room. If I get all my shapes drawn correctly the painting will have a better chance of working. As I draw my shapes with paint, I am also working on color, value and edges.



Set #2 Tonal Block In

Monday I decided to block in all my dark and light shapes using terra rosa. Sometimes I'll skip this step and go straight to the block in with the halftone colors (the major color of the shape). Using a single color helps me see the overall design of the shapes.

Here is a detail of the main character in this "play". All of this is a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment