Thursday, December 9, 2010

Postcards from Charleston

My last post was about my "Postcards" project. I've decided to expand on this idea and I have created some "Postcards from Charleston". Both of these series are available at the galleries that represent me in Charleston & Sullivan's Island. In fact both Edward Dare Gallery at Charleston, SC and and Sandpiper Gallery at Sullivan's Island, SC are currently hosting a show for the holidays called "Postcards from Charleston" and "Postcards from Sullivan's Island" through January.

I really am enjoying creating these small works (all of these paintings are 6"x8") in between the larger studio paintings I create. The process of being able to create something in one studio setting and the challenge of keeping things simple keep me on my toes.

© Isabel Forbes 2010
6"x8" oil on canvas, Window Box
© Isabel Forbes 2010
8"x6" oil on canvas, Basket Weaver
© Isabel Forbes 2010
6"x8" oil on canvas, Market
© Isabel Forbes 2010
8"x6" oil on canvas, Charleston Porch
© Isabel Forbes 2010
8"x6" oil on canvas, Carriage Ride
© Isabel Forbes 2010
8"x6" oil on canvas, St Philips Steeple
© Isabel Forbes 2010
8"x6" oil on canvas, Sweetgrass Rose
© Isabel Forbes 2010
8"x6" oil on canvas, Rx King Street
© Isabel Forbes 2010
8"x6" oil on canvas, Sweetgrass Artist
© Isabel Forbes 2010
6"x8" oil on canvas, Artist's Hands

Several of these paintings have already sold, but if you are interested in any of them contact the galleries listed.
Happy drawing & painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment