Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Corner- The Skillet

Here is another oil painting from my favorite diner here in Spartanburg, SC. Best grits in the world.
The inspiration for this painting came while I was waiting on someone to meet me for breakfast. The morning sun was coming through the window and I was struck by the sight. This is something I've probably seen many times but because I wasn't in a rush I noticed the simple beauty of light and venetian blinds!

I'm finally able to veralize what I'm after when I choose subjects to paint. My goal as a painter is to help people see the beauty of the mediocre and hopefully evoke a sense of wonder at something they have seen a million times - me included.

Happy drawing and painting!

3 comments:

  1. **My goal as a painter is to help people see the beauty of the mediocre and hopefully evoke a sense of wonder at something they have seen a million times - me included.**

    I love this!...and you do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...to help people see the beauty of the mediocre and...evoke a sense of wonder..." Mission accomplished. Beautiful painting. Thanks for sharing it online.

    ReplyDelete