Friday, April 25, 2008

Catching A Buzz

The top image is of the beginning of the painting.


Thought I'd give a try at show the progression of a recent painting. I've been enjoying the challenge of designing within a long canvas. This one is 15"h x 30"w. For some reason I bought several of this canvas size a few years ago and am just now painting on my last one.

This image is from Litchfield Beach. I was taking a walk towards Huntington Beach State Park and I spotted these fellows having a good time. They were hanging close together talking, laughing and drinking beer. Their fishing pole were cast and sort of forgotten. When I walked back they all seemed to be in the same stance, just laughing more. I asked one of the guys, "what are ya'll catching? A buzz?" They laughed and agreed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment